Star Citizen’s Alpha 3.14 is out now and adds the cloud city of Orison floating in the clouds of the new gas giant, Crusader.
The marquee feature for 3.14 is the new planet Crusader and its port, Orison City. Crusader, the planet, is named such after Crusader Industries, the company responsible for the shipyards residing there.
The new volumetric cloud tech debuts alongside 3.14, necessitated by the gas giant. Cloud Imperium Games notes this tech will be expanded in the future to allow them to flesh out additional detail on existing planets.
Several new gameplay features were added as well, like the addition of Surrender to law system version 2. Additionally, there’s a new missile operator mode. The RSI Constellation Taurus is the new ship on hand.
Alpha 3.14 also brings a bunch of bug fixes such as:
- Player friends list in game should no longer be capped at a maximum of 50 players
- The Loading screens should no longer be enlarged and zoomed in on aspect ratios higher than 16:9 (i.e. 21:9 and 32:9)
- Fixed an issue that could cause a Player’s cursor to get stuck on the game screen
- Player emotes should now correctly play through slash commands and the inner thought wheel
- Fixed an issue causing purchased carryable items to disappear very quickly after they are dropped or placed on the ground
- Quantum Traveling to a party member close to a planet surface should no longer sometimes cause the player to fly into the planet
You can check out the full patch notes here. We have some more details on Star Citizen’s 3.14 update here. And if you missed Alpha 3.13’s release back in April, you can catch up here.
star citizencrusader industriesalpha 3.14orisoncrusader